WH SS-L5 QP (Quad Pawl) Lever Hoist
The Hackett SS-L5 QP meets and exceeds the requirements of international standards:
British Standard BS EN13157:2004+ AI:2009
American Standard ASME B30.21-2014
Australian Standard AS 1418.2-1997
South African Standard SANS 1594:2007
The William Hackett SS-L5 QP lever hoist incorporates the four pawl mechanical engagement functionality. The unique and patented pawl design enhances the capabilities of the hoist allowing all four pawls to engage with the ratchet gear in an offset configuration allowing finer adjustment and tensioning capability while maintaining pawl/ratchet engagement.
This improves the hoists:
• resilience to failure.
• capability to provide finer adjustment and tensioning operations.
SAFE JUST BECAME SAFER
SINGLE AND MULTI-IMMERSION
William Hackett verifies that the SS-L5 QP can be safely used over a 21-day single immersion and a 31-day multi immersion period which offers operators considerable financial advantages.
The design features, manufacture, verification testing and guidance for use, maintenance and storage of the SS-L5 QP has also been developed in line with:
BP Document DEV-AAD-SS-SD-BP-0545
'Specification and compliance requirements for lever hoists used subsea on BP projects'
The design and specification of the William Hackett SS-L5 QP lever hoist includes
- WORKING LOAD LIMIT RANGE: 800kg to 15 tonnes.
- LIGHT LOAD CAPABILITY: the SS-L5 QP is tested and certified at 2% of the lever hoist rated capacity.
- QUAD PAWL: quadruple safety with four pawls individually engaging with the ratchet gear.
- DABS (DUAL ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM): allows the load chain to be adjusted in freewheel mode without locking the brake.
- CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN: minimises the ingress of contaminates to the internal brake mechanism surfaces.
- STAINLESS STEEL PAWL SPRINGS: specially designed to work with the William Hackett patented quad pawls. The stainless steel springs are captivated in the brake chamber protecting them against damage.
- STAINLESS STEEL FIXINGS: all internal springs, circ clips securing the pawls onto the pawl stands, nyloc nuts and socket head cap screws are stainless steel.
- SINTERED/FUSED FRICTION MATERIAL: the brake material is fused directly onto the ratchet gear. This reduces the number of mating faces where there is a potential for ingress of contaminates that could affect the brake performance. Grooves cut into the brake material allow water to be displaced from the friction surface.
- LOAD CHAIN: the SS-L5 QP (Quad Pawl) lever hoists are fitted with load chain that fully complies with international standard BS EN818-7 Grade T (8).
- MARINE PAINT:
- AkzoNobel Interpon D1010 Triplex.
- Corrosion Resistance 1,500h according to DIN EN ISO 9227.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: the complete brake mechanism of the SS-L5 QP is corrosion protected including the pinion shaft, disc hub, change gear, ratchet gear, pawls, pawl stands and load sheave. In addition the load chain guide, stay bolts and chain stripper are also corrosion protected.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE WATERPROOF GREASE: used throughout the SS-L5 QP lever hoist enhancing the corrosion protection.
- ADJUSTABLE TRAVELLING END STOP: the uniquely designed travelling end stop of the SS-L5 QP lever hoist allows the operator to position the end stop at any point of the slack section of the Grade 8 load chain. When the lever hoist is in a final rigged position the travelling end stop can be positioned adjacent to the body of the SS-L5 QP. This has the function of preventing the payout of the chain for whatever reason when the next time the lever hoist is operated.
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -40°C to +120°C.
- PROOF TESTED: 800kg to 10 tonne hoists are proof tested to 1.5 times the Working Load Limit. 15 tonne hoists are proof tested to 1.25 times the Working Load Limit.
- OVERLOAD LIMITER: available as an option upon request.
- MANUFACTURED AND PROOF TESTED in the U.K.
| Extra Weight per m kg
||10 x 28
||10 x 28
||10 x 28
||10 x 28